Saturday, April 5, 2008
Holocaust Surviver
This week at our school, I got the privilege to see a holocaust survivor. My English teacher's great grandfather, Irving Roth, came to talk about his life during the Holocaust. As many of you know, the Holocaust was a terrible thing that happened when Germany lead by Adolf Hitler, began invading many countries and started killing people, manly the Jewish people. Since Irving Roth was a Jew, he was a target for the Nazis. He began noticing that in his country, that many rules and laws were being changed. He said that he wasn't allowed to go to the park, or even to school. He was then put into a concentration camp along with his family. He suffered there, not being able to really eat, and seeing some of his family members die there. He was later rescued by American Soldiers a year later, and was able to live to tell history. I was shocked at what he had to go through, and will always remember him, a hero who was able to live through one of the worst incidents in history. This opened up my eyes to realize that, every body is human and we should treat each other with respect, as if they are our family. I will never forget his words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi!Kris!
I'm Julie who you had posted a comment on my blog!(the pig feet~ you know~)After seeeing your article"Holocaust",I feel the same feeling as yours.Everyone is an individual.No one could decide others' life but themselves!It is really a special experience you can get so close to the history by someone had gone through!And I am also amazed at your opinions because it's just similiar as mine!
At last,I am so happy to get to know about you~>//<
Post a Comment